Patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and follow up. Quality of life for our patients and their families is a major focus of our efforts. Quality of Life for Our Patients and Their Families is a Major Focus of our Efforts
Psychological, spiritual, and social services are an integral part of patient care. In addition, genetic counseling and screening are available. Considering all its attributes, The Colorado Gynecologic Oncology Specialists provide the most advanced, well-integrated and complete care available for women with gynecologic cancers.
Quality of Life for Our Patients and Their Families is a Major Focus of our Efforts
A thorough evaluation is provided for all gynecologic malignancies as well as for premalignant lesions of the cervix. High risk evaluations are provided for women at high risk for gynecologic cancers as a result of their family history.
Gynecologic oncology involves the treatment of various cancers of the pelvis or reproductive systems, including ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, vulvar cancer, and vaginal cancer. Various Treatments Available
Treatment options for the various types of gynecologic cancers vary. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery may be considered depending upon the type of cancer, its stage, and other factors.
Various Treatments Available
- Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (including LEEP)
- Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
- Gynecologic Cancer Screening
- Hysterectomy (Robotic and Open)
- Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
- Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancies)