As we approach Valentines Day, we may find it difficult to love ourselves. Below are 6 tips to help make your Valentines Day a little brighter. Instill these tips and don’t let cancer get in the way of celebrating those we love, including yourself!
Yes, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It is a day for love, compassion, and celebration of those you cherish and appreciate the most in life. As a cancer survivor, you may have had some good days and some bad days, but the most important thing to remember is through it all you have love and hope. Do not let cancer get in the way of celebrating this fabulous holiday!
Here are 6 tips to brighten your Valentine’s Day!
- Surround yourself with loved ones. Make it a point to call a family member or friend that has supported and loved you throughout your cancer diagnosis. Make plans to go to a movie, dinner or even a nice coffee date to celebrate your journey and love for life!
- Valentine’s Day cards are not just for kids! Take the time to pick out meaningful Valentines and send them to your loved ones! Let them know how much they mean to you! Include your favorite picture or past memories that you have shared!
- Pick out your favorite chocolates, candies or treats and don’t feel bad about indulging a little! It’s only one day out of the year! You deserve it!
- Having to be at the dr.’s office for treatment on Valentine’s Day? No biggie, don’t let it bring you down. Wear your favorite red shirt or sweater, necklace and for the women, paint those nails red! You are a survivor!
- Journal- Take the time to sit down and reflect on the things you truly love most in life. This is such a great way to keep your spirits high and focus on all of the positives you have going on in your life. You will be surprised at how much happiness you have once you put it on paper!
- Love yourself! The most fundamental aspect of health and survivorship requires you loving yourself first. Love can heal all things!