Patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and follow up. Quality of life for our patients and their families is a major focus of our efforts. Psychological, spiritual, and social services are an integral part of patient care. In addition, genetic counseling and screening are available. Considering all its attributes, Colorado Gynecologic Oncology Specialists provides the most advanced, well-integrated and complete care available for women with gynecologic cancers.
Quality of Life for Our Patients and Their Families is a Major Focus of our Efforts
A thorough evaluation is provided for all gynecologic malignancies as well as for premalignant lesions of the cervix. High risk evaluations are provided for women at high risk for gynecologic cancers as a result of their family history.
- Surgical Procedures
- Offering advanced techniques including radical surgery, robotic surgery, and minimally invasive surgery.
- Chemotherapeutic Techniques
- Current chemotherapeutic techniques including intravenous therapy and intraperitoneal therapy.
- Innovative Systems
- State-of-the-art radiation therapy techniques with specialists in radiation therapy and gynecologic malignancies.
- Oncology Conferences
- Our doctors stay informed with industry procedures by attending weekly pathology review and tumor conferences.
- Our Locations
- We have one office location in Littleton and we service seven different hospitals throughout the metro area.
Caring for the Special Needs of Women with Gynecologic Cancer
Gynecologic oncology involves the treatment of various cancers of the pelvis or reproductive systems, including ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, vulvar cancer, and vaginal cancer. Treatment options for the various types of gynecologic cancers vary. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery may be considered depending upon the type of cancer, its stage, and other factors.
- Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (including LEEP)
- Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
- Gynecologic Cancer Screening
- Hysterectomy (Robotic and Open)
- Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
- Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancies)